Please contact John O'Toole with any questions concerning the Kent Clubs Grand Prix
Kent Clubs Grand Prix
2018 - Current standings can be found here.
CANTERBURY 10 - SUNDAY 21 January 2018
TUNBRIDGE WELLS HM - SUNDAY 18 FEBRUARY 2018
Dartford Half (Kent Long Course Champs) 11th March
FOLKESTONE 10 30TH MARCH 2018
LARKFIELD 10K DATE TBC (MAY)
Orpington HIGH ELMS 10K (multi terrain) 10th June 2018
NORTH DOWNS 30K (MULTI TERRAIN) 24TH JUNE 2018
DEAL DINOSAUR 10K 22ND JULY 2018
Kent Coastal Marathon 2 SEPTEMBER 2018
TONBRIDGE HALF MARATHON
2017 - Final standings can be found here
2016 - Final standings can be found here
*** Results below Petts Wood Runners - Men 5th, Ladies 7th!!!!! ***
Here are the final tables. 2016
Congratulations to all winners, team and individual. Tunbridge Wells Harriers have regained the men’s team title after a two year hiatus, Dartford Road Runners are the successful women’s team.
Mens Open Age – Nigel Ling – Dartford Road Runners
Mens Vet 40 – Craig Chapman – Tunbridge Wells Harriers
Mens Vet 50 – Stephen Georgiadis – Orpington RR
Mens Vet 60 – James Graham – Sevenoaks AC
Womens Open Age – Maria Heslop – Paddock Wood AC
Womens Vet 35 – Emma Hollands – Paddock Wood AC
Womens Vet 45 – Maria Heslop – Paddock Wood AC
Womens Vet 55 – Marion Povey – Dartford Road Runners
All Trophies Presented at Canterbury 10
- All competitions will include MV70 and FV65 categories
1) 2017 Kent Grand Prix and Kent Champs RacesFixtures are below (same as circulated a few weeks ago) – I will fill in the late season gaps in due course. All 2016 winners’ trophies to be presented after Canterbury 10.
I am cutting down the number of champs races, as a trial for 2017, partly to increase their currency value, and partly to give me a bit of time to develop relations with other counties with a view to inter counties road competition including veteran squads in the near future. We will therefore now recognise 3 x Kent road champs per year – 1) Short Course (typically 10k or 10m), 2) Long Course (typically HM or 20m), 3) Marathon.
2) 2017 Kent Long Course ChampsSenior Men and Women (including veterans competing as seniors) – Tunbridge Wells Half, 19th February, alongside Kent qualifier – see below
All Veterans categories and Teams (teams can include veterans and seniors mix as usual) – Paddock Wood Half, 2nd April
2017 Short Course Kent Champs fixture is TBC
3) Kent Team Selection for 2017 Inter Counties at Essex 20 (Sunday 5th March)- We will be selecting 4 men and 4 women to represent Kent at the Inter Counties fixture at the Essex 20. This is a senior competition, and all veterans are considered as seniors, as per the seniors county championship.
- The first 3 men and first 3 women at Tunbridge Wells Half will be guaranteed selection (as well as being the Kent half marathon championship medallists).
- This leaves a single wild card selection, or potentially more if any of the top 3 are unable to take up their places, although we will also be looking further down the finish order at Tunbridge Wells Half, and a wild card applicant’s credentials will have to demonstrate a clear ‘gulf in class’ to gain preference over a Tunbridge Wells Half finishing position.
- Wild card applications must be received by email@example.com before the Tunbridge Wells Half race date and must cite a verifiable performance in 2015, 2016 or 2017, at Half Marathon or further, which will be equated to a half marathon performance using the McMillan calculator
- Runners will be asked to confirm their availability for Kent selection at the Tunbridge Wells finish line, and potentially at Kent Champs registration / identifier collection immediately before the same race
- The day after the race, the list of available candidates will be published in merit order, and final selection plus reserves will be confirmed one week later, and one week before the Essex 20. (NB: Runners who have kept themselves available for county selection but do not make the final cut can still then enter Thanet 20 run on the same day).
Tunbridge Wells Half usually closes its entries a few weeks before the race. We have made special arrangements that men with sub 1.15 since Jan 2015 and women with sub 1.25 since Jan 2015, will be allowed to enter late, if they enclose a note citing a verifiable performance. However this is a special favour from the race organisers and should be the exception rather than the rule – please therefore try to enter the race in a timely fashion.